Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bright Blue Smokey look!

So I got A LOT of feedback from my picture that I have as my default and I thought I would share how I created this look by posting up a video. This is the picture that everyone seems to be loving:
So What I did was I pretty much just came upon this look randomly, I had just recently bought a new shadow from MAC called Zingy and I absolutely fell in love with this color. The blue is so vibrant and I randomly came up with different ideas in how to put this color to use. The first idea of course was this bright smokey eye look with a vibrant red lip color. I just recently fell into the whole red lipstick phase because I had doubts before that I didnt suit it enough to pull off a super red lip color, but of course one day I decided to just try it out and I absolutely just fell in love with it. Now I have a whole lip stick collection of bright reds and fuschia lip colors along with nudes as well.
This was a fun look to wear out although I didn't really go anywhere that day I wore it but I loved how the result came out and everyone as soon as I posted it up just fell in love with the look and it inspired me to go ahead and shoot a video showing how I created it. 
Products I used were:

Face:
Estee Lauder Double Wear in Soft Tan
Estee Lauder Double Matte pressed powder in Medium/deep
Wet n Wild Bronzer in Princess
Wet n Wild Blush in Heather Silk

Eyes:
Smashbox primer
NYX Jumbo pencil in White
Smashbox shadow in blackout
Smashbox shadow in vanilla
NYX Slide on pencil in Jet black
Maybelline the Falsies

Lips:
L'Oreal Lip liner in Always Red
L'oreal Lipstick in 315 True Red

Brushes I used were mainly from Sonya Kashuk and BHCosmetics.
And here is the video for you to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment